Sunday, 15 December 2013

My Top 6 DVD Boxsets For Christmas

So I thought I was upload this post before Christmas so that if you read it and like a box set or you think you know someone else who would like one of them you can buy it!
I love finding new DVD box sets to watch, I have watched quite a few but I've put together my top 6 for all of my lovely subscribers.
Ill start with some of my favourites to my absolute LOVE!

6. Bones Series 1-5


A little about Bones from Web Source-
Bones is an American crime comedy-drama television series that premiered on Fox in the United States on September 13, 2005. The show is based on forensic anthropology and forensic archaeology, with each episode focusing on an FBI case file concerning the mystery behind human remains brought by FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) to the forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel).

This is one of the box sets I have owned for nearly 2 years! I have watched these DVD's non stop and I really love the series, these are really good if you liked CSI or anything like that, I also loved these as im studying Forensic Investigation at university!

5. Batman Trilogy


A little about Batman from Web source-
 It stars Christian Bale as Batman along with Michael CaineLiam NeesonKatie HolmesGary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman. The film reboots the Batman film series, telling the origin story of the character from Bruce Wayne's initial fear of bats, the death of his parents, his journey to become Batman, and his fight against Ra's al Ghul's plot to destroy Gotham City.

My boyfriend bought this box set for himself but I watched it with him and since then I watched it over and over like a mad woman! I cant believe how much I actually liked this box set as before I really didn't think I would, I suggest if you don't think you would like it just watch it I think you'll change your mind about this one!

4. Ghost Whisperer Full Collection


A little about Ghost Whisperer from Web source-
The series follows the life of Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt), who has the ability to see and communicate with ghosts. While trying to live as normal a life as possible—she is married and owns an antique store—Melinda helps earthbound spirits resolve their problems and cross over into the light, or the spirit world. Her tasks are difficult and at times she struggles with people who push her away and disbelieve her ability. In addition, the ghosts are mysterious and sometimes menacing in the beginning and Melinda must use the clues available to her to understand the spirits' needs and help them.

I have had this Collection for what seems like FOREVER and I just cannot part with this! I have watched them over and over and I really love it, it seems really cheesy to begin with because of the ghost part but it really is good! You need to watch them to believe me!

3. Harpers Island


A little about Harpers Island from Web source-
The show takes place on Harper's Island, where John Wakefield went on a killing spree and murdered a number of people before supposedly being killed by the island sheriff, Charlie Mills. One of the victims was the sheriff's wife. After her death, Sheriff Mills sends their daughter, Abby, to live with family in LA and she hasn't returned since. After 7 years, Abby is finally returning to the island for her best friend Henry's wedding but now the killing starts again and everyone is a suspect. The guests manage to unlock secrets of the island and of Wakefield as the series progresses.

I bought this box set after reading that Fleur de Force recommended it! I bought it that night and when it arrived me my boyfriend and my sister ordered a takeaway and sat down to watch the full series as their is only one, I have to say even though this is a horror type box set and really don't do horrors this wasn't that bad and I really could bare even the parts I thought were ''scary'' this is definitely something I would now recommend to everyone!

2. Pretty Little Liars Series 1


A little about Pretty Little Liars from Web source-
Set in the fictional town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, the series follows the lives of Spencer Hastings (Troian Bellisario), Hanna Marin (Ashley Benson), Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell), and Aria Montgomery (Lucy Hale), who are four girls whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their queen beeAlison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse). One year later, they begin receiving messages from a mysterious figure using the name "A", who threatens to expose their secrets. At first, they think it's Alison herself, but after her body is found, the girls realize that someone else knows their secrets—including long-hidden ones they thought only Alison knew. "A" also stalked Alison, and the girls continue to discover more and more information about "A" and Alison's disappearance—all while risking their lives

I have only watched half of series 1 of this through Love Film but I am already addicted even my boyfriend watches some of the episodes with me! This is so good and if you haven't wanted to see this then you have clearly been living under a rock like i had been for the past 2 years! 

1. Gossip Girl Full Collection


A little about Gossip Girl from Web source-
The series revolves around the lives of privileged young adults on Manhattan's Upper East Side in New York City. The series begins with the return of Upper East Side it girl Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) from a mysterious stay at a boarding school in Cornwall, Connecticut. Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester), whom creators describe as the queen at the center of their chess game, is a longtime friend and occasional rival of Serena's, and the queen bee of Constance Billard School's social scene. The story also follows Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), the bad boy of the Upper East Side; "golden boy" Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford), Chuck's best friend and Blair's boyfriend for many years. However, their relationship had been rocky ever since Serena left for boarding school.

This is my favourite box set I own I have the full series and I have watched them all 100 times not even and exaggeration! I really cannot rave enough about it and it helps even more when your boyfriend looks a little like Chuck Bass and when you just want to be Blair Waldorf! This is really a box set everyone needs in their lives its good to watch when your sick or when your having a girly night in my boyfriend even watched the last series with me! Its such a dreamy lifestyle and when I went to NY it made me so happy to see where GG was filmed.
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! Never knew that you studied Forensic Investigation in University! How are the studies like? I have always wondered about it but never knew anyone who studied it to inquire. I love Bones!! I have till Season 7 XD Haven't watched it though. Just purchased it recently. Hehe! By the way, are you familiar with Criminal Minds? Both Criminal Minds and Bones are my absolute favourites! Criminal Minds are more on the profiling criminal and behaviour analysis - which I actually think is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The course is very tiring! Its has lots of different parts to it but I love it and I can't wait to be finished and to be able to get the job I want! With Bones I only bought up to 5 and watched the rest on tv :) Yes haha my boyfriend and I are huge Criminal Minds fans we've seen them all! however studying what I am somehow makes it ruin some of the series I like to watch but Criminal Minds is the only one that could happen and would be like how It is shown in the series.

      Delete
  2. ooh gossip girl and pretty little liars are definitely two of my all time fav programmes!i love finding new box sets to watch too and they make the best christmas gift!:)I'm now following your blog girlie:)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im slowly looking at everyones blogs that comments :) ooh me too! I love finding new series to watch I also like Covert Affairs and criminal minds however ive just rented and recorded these series as it was obviously a lot cheaper! thankyou!

      Delete
  3. In love with gossip girl, my favourite programme ever!

    I came across your blog and love your posts, so now following on Bloglovin. It would be great to follow each other's blogging journey! My latest post is on Schwarzkopf BC Fibre Force Hair treatments and Partners Hair Salon Manchester if you would like to have a read :)

    UK Fashion Blog | www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gossip Girl is amazing! my favourite I have to say!
      aww thankyou lovely I am looking at everyones blog that comments! :)

      Delete